Baked Tortilla Chips
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32757 times
Here is an interesting way to make Tortilla chips with minimal oil. If you prefer the deep-fried kind, go ahead and indulge.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using hot water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of plastic into a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter. Dust the tortillas generously with flour to make the rolling easier.
- Lightly cook the tortillas on a non-stick pan.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangular pieces.
- Place the tortilla pieces in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake at 190°c (380°f) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the tortilla chips are crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.