Baked Tortilla Chips ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 243 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59974 times
A quick, easy-to-make, healthy starter which is a popular choice in Mexico. The tortillas are baked and made with minimal oil from a blend of whole wheat flour and maize flour instead of the traditional Mexican tortillas made with refined flour which are also deep fried. Whole wheat flour has been used as it abounds in fibre which aids in controlling blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Enjoy these chips with tomato salsa and get your taste buds going by enjoying its lively flavours. You can also make a large batch of these at one go and store them in an air-tight container for the contingencies when hunger strikes... unexpectedly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using hot water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of plastic into a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter. Dust the tortillas generously with flour to make the rolling easier.
- Lightly cook the tortillas on a non-stick pan.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangular pieces.
- Place the tortilla pieces in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake at 190°c (380°f) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the tortilla chips are crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt|| 26 gm|
|Energy|| 58 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.8 gm|
|Cho|| 10.1 gm|
|Fa t|| 1.1 gm|
|Vit A|| 15.1 mcg|
|Vit C|| 0.9 mg|
|Calcium|| 5.7 mg|
|Iron|| 0.6 mg|
|F.Acid|| 3.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.