Baked Stuffed Mushroom Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 271 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16472 times
Baked Stuffed Mushroom Pancake is a delicacy that features super-soft pancakes with a creamy, saucy, herby mushroom filling.
The stuffed pancakes are topped with white sauce and cheese and baked till the layers fuse to create an irresistibly tasty dish.
Baking also gives the Baked Mushroom Pancake an interesting texture, which you will thoroughly enjoy.
While entertaining include these delicious, creamy and saucy pancakes in your menu - a great way to impress your guests at a Party .
- Combine all the ingredients and 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with the butter.
- Pour ladleful of the batter on it, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing on one half of the pancake and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 1 to make 5 more stuffed pancakes.
- Arrange all the stuffed pancakes in a baking dish and pour the white sauce evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre–heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or till the cheese turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.