Baked Spinach Rolls ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46924 times
Spinach is good for everyone! these spicy vegetables rolled in spinach leaves provide supplies of vitamin a, which boosts the immune system, improves vision and nourishes the skin of a mom-to-be and her baby as well.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour and cook on a slow flame while stirring continuously until froth appears.
- Add the milk and ½ cup of water gradually and continue stirring till the sauce thickens and no lumps remain.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and sauté again for ½ a minute.
- Add the paneer, corn, coriander, white sauce and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Keep the spinach leaves in salted hot water for 5 minutes. Drain completely.
- Put a little filling on each leaf and roll it up tightly.
- Spread 1 cup of white sauce on a greased baking tray. Arrange the rolls in the sauce and pour the remaining white sauce on top.
- Sprinkle cheese over the spinach rolls and bake in a pre-heated oven at 230°c (460°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 162 cal|
|Protein|| 6.6 gm|
|CHO|| 8.8 gm|
|Fat|| 10.4 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 833.4 mcg.|
|Vitamin C|| 7.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.