Baked Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 168 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75398 times
Baked Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce is an all-time favourite pasta preparation that appeals to all with its simple yet tangy flavour. Here, the spaghetti is cooked in a flavourful tomato sauce, garnished with cheese, and baked till perfectly done.
When making tomato-based sauces for pastas, it is good to add a dash of cream as given in this recipe, because it improves the mouth-feel and also balances the flavour of the sauce so the tanginess does not get overwhelming. You will find the Baked Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce quite convenient to prepare on any day, because it uses only everyday ingredients and it also quite easy to make.
Serve with plain Toasted Triangles or Garlicky Corn, Tomato and Cheese Toast or you can top it with some Cheesy Potato Balls or Broccoli and Potato Balls and enjoy it as a satiating one-dish meal.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture, sugar, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spaghetti and cream, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour the spaghetti into a baking dish, sprinkle cheese evenly over it. Put dollops of butter evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.