Baked Rice with Corn Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19274 times
A novel rice and curry combination which is neither too spicy not too rich.
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onion for a little time. Add the cinnamon and cloves and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and salt.
- Burn the onion on the gas with the skin on until it becomes black. Remove the skin.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a vessel, fry the coconut for 1 minute and remove.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and fry the remaining ingredients (except the garlic) for 1 minute.
- Grind all the ingredients into a paste.
- Boil the corncobs in a pressure cooker until the corn is tender.
- Take out the corn from the corbs using a sharp knife.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 1/2 teacup of water and cook. When cooked, take out a thick soup by putting through a sieve.
- In a vessel, put the paste, corn, tomato soup, cream, sugar, salt and 1/2 teacup of water.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Grease a baking dish, spread the curry and cover with the rice. Cover the top of the dish with an aluminium foil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.