Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce, Jain Pancake Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25619 times
Simple pancakes transform into a continental delicacy, when stuffed with ratatouille, a traditional French stewed vegetable dish. The ratatouille is made with brinjals, combined with an assortment of other veggies and spice powders.
You can be innovative in the preparation of the ratatouille and experiment with other veggie combinations too – although brinjals are a must. Here, we have enhanced the recipe further by topping the stuffed pancakes with white sauce and cheese and baking them to perfection.
The Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce are sure to steal your heart with their succulent texture and aesthetic flavour.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the pancake begins to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side till light golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the brinjal, green peas, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the ratatouille stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the ratatouille stuffing in the centre and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 3 more pancakes.
- Pour ¼ cup of white sauce evenly on a baking dish, put the stuffed pancakes.
- Top it with the remaining 1¼ cups of white sauce and sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.