Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19144 times
Ratatouille is a traditional stewed vegetable dish of French origin. It almost always features brinjals along with an assortment of other veggies like tomatoes and onions. Ratatouille Pancakes are basically pancakes stuffed with ratatouille.
Here, the plot gets even more exciting – as we have topped the stuffed pancakes with white sauce, garnished it with cheese and baked the whole arrangement till the cheese melts, and the flavour and aroma of the dish intensifies. Serve the Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce immediately on preparation to enjoy the succulence of this dish.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the pancake begins to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side till light golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the brinjal, green peas, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the ratatouille stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the ratatouille stuffing in the centre and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 3 more pancakes.
- Pour ¼ cup of white sauce evenly on a baking dish, put the stuffed pancakes.
- Top it with the remaining 1¼ cups of white sauce and sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.