Baked Ratatouille Crépes in White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21974 times
Pancakes stuffed with ratatouille, a famous French vegetable preparation. If possible, add courgettes to the ratatouille, for a extra special touch.
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk and salt together.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter onto a non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides with a little butter. Repeat for remaining batter to make more pancakes.
- Keep aside to cool. After they have cooled, dust some cornflour over each pancake and stack them one above the other. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the green chillies for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the brinjal pieces and peas and cover and cook until soft.
- Add the salt and coriander. Mix well and keep aside.
- Put some stuffing in the centre of each pancake, spread a little white sauce on top and roll it up.
- Arrange all the rolled pancakes in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour the remaining white sauce on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 225°C (450°F) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.