Baked Papdi ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59540 times
If you want to enjoy your favourite snacks sans any guilt, you need to just use smart cooking methods. In this recipe, you will find out how to make delicious, crunchy Baked Papdi using the microwave. Once you have the dough, each batch of 20 takes just a few minutes to bake, so you can prepare large batches and store them in airtight containers, to make delicious sev puri or to use as a base for any of your favourite toppings.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions.
- Roll 20 portions each into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle. Prick each papdi with a fork at regular intervals.
- Place the 20 rolled portions on a microwave turntable taking care that the puris do not touch each other.
- Microwave the papdis on high for 1 minute. Turn the papdis and again microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Once again turn the papdis and again microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 20 more papdis in one more batch.
- Remove and allow it to cool slightly.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.