Baked Mexican Rice with Cheese Patties
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 813 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100699 times
Baked Mexican Rice with Cheese Patties is simply party perfect! Although it involves preparing the Mexican rice, cheese patties and a special tomato sauce too, each of these is quite easy to prepare and will not take too much time. You can prepare all these in advance and arrange them in a baking dish, ready to be stowed into the oven just a while before the guests arrive. Watch their faces light up as the aroma of tomatoes, onions, melting cheese and browning rice waft out of the oven tantalizingly.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the french beans, carrots and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round patty.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with a little oil, place all the patties on it and cook on a medium flame, using a little oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, spread the rice on a greased deep baking dish.
- Place the cheese patties over the rice and evenly spread the tomato sauce.
- Top it with cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.