Baked Dum Gobi
by Palak Rajput
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19240 times
Baked dum gobi, cauliflower florets cooked and baked in spicy tangy gravy/ sauce. Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
- Combine the cauliflower florets, salt, lime juice, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- Boil the cauliflower till it becomes soft but not mushy.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackles add the besan and saute till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-chilli paste, chilli powder, curds, sugar, garam masala, salt and half coriander, mix well and simmer for 5-8 minutes, sprinkle little water if required.
- Add the florets, mix well, remove from the flame.
- In a greased baking bowl transfer the floret mixture, spread the remaining coriander and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 - 7 minutes at 200 degree celsius.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cashewnuts.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.