Baked Dragon Rolls ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37051 times
Hmm, just the name fires one’s imagination! get, set and feast on this baked version of dragon rolls. Although the outer covering is still made of maida, the calories that come out of deep-frying are eliminated, making this a 26-calorie joy ride!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, red capsicum, bean sprouts, carrot, sugar and salt, mix well and sauté on medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce and tomato ketchup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Cool slightly and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 equal pieces so as to make 15 pieces.
- Place a piece of the samosa patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little flour paste to form a cylindrical shape as shown in the image.
- Brush a little oil on the rolls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at the temperature of 180ºc (360ºf) for 30 minutes or till they turn brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with schezuan.
|Energy|| 26 calories|
|Protein|| 1.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 3.7 gm|
|Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.