Baked Doodhi Kofta Curry ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39985 times
This multi-purpose tomato gravy combines well with an array of vegetables and different koftas - my personal favourites are baked doodhi koftas.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape them into round koftas and microwave on high for a few seconds or steam in a steamer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water and add the tomatoes to it.
- Remove after a few minutes, peel and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the red chillies and coriander seeds and grind them coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the green chillies and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared tomato purée,3/4 cup of water, sugar and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and cornflour-milk mixture and boil for few more minutes.
- Add the prepared koftas to the curry and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
| 112 Kcal|| 3.2 gm|| 14.8 gm|| 4.4 gm|| 1.5 mg|| 1.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.