Baked Crêpes with Capsicum Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22248 times
Scrumptious crêpes prepared with a batter of flours and milk, are stuffed with a mixture of sautéed capsicum and paneer, and topped with a creamy capsicum sauce, all set to be baked with a sprinkling of grated cheese. With its sumptuous filling and soothingly spicy topping, these Baked Crêpes with Capsicum Sauce make a perfect starter for any party. But then, we would not recommend waiting for your next party to prepare it – why not make it right away to enjoy a few special culinary moments with your loved and loving family?
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour ¼ cup of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make a thick pancake of 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Cook the crêpes on a medium flame, using a little butter, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make about 4 more crêpes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the red capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the flame, allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water, add the capsicum. Boil for 5 minutes, drain and blend with milk in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum-milk mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing in the center and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to make 4 more crêpes. Keep aside.
- Place the crêpes in a greased baking dish and pour the capsicum sauce evenly over it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per crêpe
|Vitamin A||318.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.