Baked Corn Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 310 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89298 times
Sweet corn combines very well with white sauce as it creates juicy, yellow speckles that complement the colour and creaminess of the sauce very well. In this delectable Baked Corn Open Toast, crisp brown bread slices are topped with a flavourful white sauce containing sweet corn, green chillies, onions, et al, garnished with cheese, and further baked till a luring aroma wafts out of the oven!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilllies, corn, sugar, salt, pepper and white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Bake the brown bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp.
- Place a portion of the prepare filling on each toasted bread slice and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese on top of each slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for another 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.