Baked Coconut Rice with Curry
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 211 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23238 times
Coconut milk gives all the taste.
- Grate the coconut, add 3 1/2 teacups of water and allow to stand for a while. Blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Heat the ghee, add the cinnamons and cloves and fry for a little while.
- Add the rice, coconut milk and salt.
- Cover and cook until the rice is tender.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining ingredients for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Grind into a paste with the help of water.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Grate into a pulp.
- Heat the ghee and fry the paste for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables (french beans, cauliflower, green peas), grated tomatoes and 1/2 teacup of water and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream, sugar and salt.
- In a large baking tray, spread the curry and cover with the rice. Top with the fried cahsewnuts and cover the tray with aluminium foil. Bake in a hot oven at 225 degree C (450 degree F) for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.