by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1447 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 174427 times
This simple and delicious recipe is a real treat for weight watchers. Chaklis, the popular indian snack, is usually deep-fried and contains loads of calories. Here's how to make them with 1 tsp of oil to near perfection by baking them in an oven. Munch them at anytime of the day when hunger strikes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round swirls of the dough onto a greased baking tray, working closely from the centre to the outside to the swirls (approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter). You will get about 30 chaklis.
- Bake these chaklis in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 to 35 minutes, turning all the chaklis once after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- Adding 1 tbsp of oil instead of 1 tsp in this recipe reduces the cooking to 25 minutes and also makes the chakli a little softer.
Nutrient values per chakli
| 21 calories|| 0.4 gm|| 0.4 gm|| 0.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.