Baked Butterscotch Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12114 times
Nuts cooked with butterscotch syrup add a nice crunch to this novel kalakand-based sweet that you can create in a jiffy! buy readymade kalakand if you are pressed for time.
- Combine all the ingredients in a shallow microwave-safe dish of 175 mm (7”) diameter and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture into an even layer in the same dish.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and almonds evenly over the mixture and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the walnuts and cashew nuts and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the butterscotch syrup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared kalakand, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to a flat baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.