by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16587 times
Make a spectacular finale with this trick of placing ice-cream in an oven.
- Chill the ice - cream thoroughly in a freezer or in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- Chop the peaches. Keep aside a little of the syrup.
- Place the cake in a baking dish. Sprinkle a little syrup from the can over the cake. Soak the cake thoroughly.
- Cover the cake with the fruit.
- Beat the egg - whites stiffly. Beat in half the powdered sugar gradually and fold in the rest. This is a meringue mixture.
- Cover the fruit with the ice- cream.
- Cover the ice - cream completely with the meringue mixture.
- Bake in a very hot oven at 500°f for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- VARIATIONS : Instead of peached and vanilla ice-cream, you can also use the following combinations :
- a) fresh strawberries and vanilla ice-cream.
- b) fresh mangoes and vanilla ice-cream
- c) peaches and chocolate ice-cream
- You can further use a combination of two flavours of ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.