by LOPA SHAH
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9717 times
Uttappa, a famous south indian snack, which is not only favourite and famous amongst south indians but now a day’s liked and favourite amongst almost all of us. Here is new variety of uttapam, made from bajri and rice flour, topped with salad.
Add your private note
Bajri Uttapam recipe - How to make Bajri Uttapam
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 mini uttapas
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chillies, in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- De-seed the chillies and stuff ½ tsp of the prepared mixture.
- Steam the chillies in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the bajra and rice flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder and curds and mix well and prepare a thick batter, using water as required.
- Heat a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp of oil, pour 3-4 tsp of batter and spread it lightly to make uttappas.
- Put 2-3 tsp of salad over it. Cook one side till little brown, turn on to the other side.
- Smear a little oil around the mixture and cook on a medium flame till golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot with masala curds and stuffed green chillies.
- You can prepare 2-3 uttapam at a time.
- For the red chutney, combine the chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds, tomato puree, salt with fresh red chilli and grind to a smooth paste.
- For masala curd, add a little amount of garlic paste, salt to taste and chili powder in 1 cup of curd, mix well and serve.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 13 Jun 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.