Bajra Methi Khakhras
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43497 times
Wholesome khakhras of bajra and whole wheat flour perked up with fenugreek leaves, green chilli paste, and so on, this snack is a perfect accompaniment for tea. The bitterness of methi is surprisingly very pleasant in this creation. It makes you smack your lips and reach for another khakhra! You can make these delicious Bajra Methi Khakhras in bulk and store them in an airtight container to relish at home or even to carry along on a long journey!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply a little ghee on both the sides and continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.