Bajra Methi Khakhras ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18955 times
Bajra methi khakhras, ummmm, can you smell the inviting aroma of fresh bajra and methi khakras wafting in the air? although a wide variety of khakras are readily available in the market, nothing can beat the taste of homemade ones, painstakingly rolled and roasted one after the other.
- Combine the bajra flour, wheat flour, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, oil and salt together in a bowl and knead to form a soft dough using enough warm water. Keep aside for 1 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat the tava (griddle) and cook on a slow flame using ghee until pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Cook the khakhra on a slow flame by pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container till use.
- To make ready to serve chaats, use pieces of khakhras as base and top with sweet corns, herbs and cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.