by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53438 times
Stuffed to the core with iron health, this khichadi is a treat for elders and the children in the family!
- Combine the bajra, moong dal, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked bajra and moong dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 337 calories|
|Protein|| 14.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 50.1 gm|
|Fat|| 9.0 gm|
|Iron|| 4.7 mg|
|Fibre|| 7.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.