by Tarla Dalal
Added to 314 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59388 times
During your first trimester, it is better to have dry carbohydrates for your breakfast to ease morning sickness. If you are fed up of regular biscuits and breads, try these crunchy khakhras instead. Make these in large batches so that you can have them in the mornings whenever you have the urge to eat something. The addition of til improves the iron content of these khakhras.
- Combine the bajra flour, whole wheat flour, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, oil and salt.
- Add enough warm water and knead well into a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions and roll each on a floured surface into a 75 mm. (3") diameters thin circle.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle) on both the sides with a little ghee until pink spots appear on top of the rolled out dough.
- With the help of a folded muslin cloth, press the khakhra from all sides and cook till crisp, over a slow flame.
- Repeat for the remaining to make 6 more khakhras.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- You can also add 1 to 2 tablespoons of finely chopped methi leaves (fenugreek) into the dough to make Bajra Methi Khakhras.
Nutrient values per khakhra
|13 gm||66 kcal||1.1 gm||6.4 gm||4.0 gm||42.0 mcg||0.0 mg||6.2 mg||0.7 mg||4.0 mcg||0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.