Bajra Chana Dal Pulao
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8196 times
Bajra chana dal pulao is a winter pulao and by adding chana dal to bajra and rice makes it very innovative,nutritious and tasty too.
- Clean wash and crush the bajra coarsely.
- Remove the husk(outer skin) and keep aside.
- Soak rice and chana dal in water for 15 minutes.
- Combine the bajra, chana dal, rice and salt with 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until the bajra and rice are cooked.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add crushed peanuts, ginger and green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the cooked khichdi and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with ghee, kadhi ,curd and papad churi.
This recipe was contributed by suman_001 on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.