by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60377 times
The green paste gives this otherwise simple dish a complete makeover! It increases the vitamin A content, while the vegetables add fibre. Vitamin A increases immunity and also nourishes our skin and improves vision. Despite the interesting flavour and health benefits, this dish is surprisingly easy to make!
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal in water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dal, turmeric powder, salt and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and whisk the dal.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds powder, mixed vegetables, green paste and sugar and mix well. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the lemon juice and serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 153 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 27.2 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 1.3 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 37.3 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.