Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51541 times
Bagara baingan, spicy baingan subzi. You can make the same gravy but can use different vegetables according to your own choice. Eg; potatoes, cauliflower, drumstick, etc. . .
- Slit brinjals from both the sides without cutting the vegetable completely.
- Soak tamarind in 2 cups of water for half an hour.
- For the masala, make a smooth paste of seseme seeds, roasted peanuts and grated coconut. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the brinjals till they become soft and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and fry until the onions turn light brown.
- Add the prepared masala paste and fry for 1 minute, while stirring continously.
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, garam masala and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the tamarind juice, and salt, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried brinjals, cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the brinjals are completely cooked.
- Add the coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by premataranga on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.