Badami Kewra Sevaiyan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20073 times
Seviyan is used by most of us to prepare kheer. This recipe uses almond paste for thickening the kheer. This paste also adds a different flavour. Essence of the highly scented kewra flower has been used as flavoring along with lots of chopped almonds. Kewra essence is readily available at most provision stores.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the vermicelli and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan and simmer on a slow flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vermicelli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kewra essence and almonds and mix well.
- Serve warm.
- To make 4 tbsp of almond paste, soak 15 almonds in enough hot water and keep aside for 20 minutes. Drain, peel and blend to a smooth paste using ¼ cup of water.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.