Badam ka Sheera
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58652 times
How many times have you dismissed the thought of making your favourite Indian desserts at home because they take too long to prepare? Well, where there is a will, there is a way. Next time you feel like relishing some delicious Badam ka Sheera, try this quick and easy recipe, which enables you to make this fabulous saffron-tinged, rich almond sheera in minutes!
- Combine the saffron strands and 1 tbsp of milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine 5 tbsp of milk and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the almonds and the remaining 3 tbsp of milk in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond paste and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk-water mixture and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes or till the mixture turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Serve warm garnished with almond slivers.
- To blanch almonds, immerse the almonds in hot water and keep aside for 15 minutes. Remove, de-skin them and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.