Badam Ka Sheera ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41037 times
Milk and almonds prove to be a good combination during your lactation period. These foods help to stimulate the production of breast milk. The calcium and the energy content of the recipe are good due to the addition of milk in to the sheera. Have a tablespoon every day while you lactating.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the almonds. Leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain and remove the skins of the almonds.
- Purée the almonds with 4 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Heat the ghee in kadhai, add the almond purée. Cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the mixture turns golden brown (approx. 15 minutes).
- Combine the milk and 4 tablespoons of water and bring to boil. Add this to the cooking almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with the almonds.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
| 19 gm|| 94 kcal|| 1.1 gm|| 6.0 gm|| 7.2 gm|| 47.9 mcg|| 0.1 mg|| 21.3 mg|| 0.2 mg|| 0.3 mcg|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.