by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 606 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84727 times
This version of badam barfi is indeed unadulterated luxury! it is made of pure and wholesome almond paste cooked plainly in sugar syrup, with a mild flavouring of cardamom. The soft texture and rich flavour make it irresistible!
- Soak the almonds in warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water, peel the almonds and blend them to a fine paste in food processor. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add the almond paste and cardamom powder and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Keep aside.
- Cut it into pieces and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.