Baby Corn Palak
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63586 times
Spinach and baby corn blend with in this scrumptious and nutritious dish. Spinach provides lots of calcium while baby corn provides fibre. To retain the bright green colour of spinach, ensure that you blanch it just for a few minutes and do not over cook it.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Dry roast for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach, curds, milk and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture back into the kadhai, add the baby corn, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes and serve hot.
- To get 3/4 cup of blanched spinach, add 31/2 cups of chopped spinach to a vesselful of hot water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Then drain, squeeze out all the water and wash in ice-cold water.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.