4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26459 times
Rice cooked in coconut milk and layered with mouth-watering avial, the south indian vegetable delicacy. This unusual dish is sure to fetch you compliments from your guests.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the rice and fry till all the grains are well coated with oil.
- Add the salt and coconut milk. Cover and cook over a slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes till rice is cooked. Ensure that each grain of rice is separate. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the drumsticks with ¼ cup of water. Cover and cook till they are half done.
- Add the remaining vegetables and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the prepared paste and ¼ cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the curds. Cook till the mixture becomes almost dry. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a huge vessel make a layer by spreading 1/3 of the rice.
- On it spread ½ the avial and 1/3 of rice.
- Layer again with ½ of the avial and remaining 1/3 rice.
- Just before serving, turn upside down on a big serving plate.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.