Avial ( Subzi Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28205 times
This curry has an unusual combination of vegetables which makes the dish particularly flavourful. An ideal companion for a bowl of steaming rice.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the coriander seeds and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry red chillies and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add this tempering to the grated coconut and grind to a smooth paste along with the turmeric powder, tamarind and a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the drumsticks with ¼ cup of water. Cover and cook till the drumsticks are half done.
- Add the remaining vegetables and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the paste and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.