Avial ( Acidity Free Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30422 times
This south indian curry has an unusual combination of vegetables, which makes the dish particularly flavourful. An ideal companion for a bowl of steaming hot rice.
- Blend all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the drumsticks with ¼ cup of water in a non-stick pan, cover and cook till the drumsticks are half done.
- Add the remaining vegetables and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the prepared paste, curds and 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the oil and simmer for half a minute.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.