by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15507 times
This rich, thick, creamy fondue made with asparagus and a generous portion of cheese, goes well with potato wedges and pita chips.
- Cut the asparagus spears (tips) and keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water add the asparagus and cook till it softens.
- Remove from flame, cool and puree. Strain the purée through a sieve to get a smooth paste
- Heat the butter in a pan add the asparagus spears (tips), and sauté till they are cooked.
- Add the milk, cheese, cornflour mixer stir till the cheese melts and till the mixture thickens.
- Mix the asparagus puree, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame stir in cream and serve hot in a fondue pot with potato wedges and pita chips.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||444.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.