Apricot and Walnut Pancakes with Orange Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19987 times
Sweet pancakes served with warm, tangy orange sauce is nothing short of a treat! And healthy too… for the nuts provide protein and calcium required for the formation of new bone cells and for the growth and maintenance of bones.
- Combine the wheat flour, soyamilk, sugar, salt and fruit salt in a bowl and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a laddleful of the batter to make a circle of 100 mm. (4") in diameter.
- Cook on both sides using little oil till it turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the marmalade, lemon juice and ¼ cup water and mix well.
- Melt it over a low flame and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, arrange a pancake on a serving dish.
- Place a portion of stuffing over it and spread it evenly. Pour 1 tsp of warm orange sauce over the stuffing.
- Repeat with the remaining pancakes, stuffing and sauce to make 5 more pancakes and serve immediately.
- Alternatively make layers of pancakes and stuffing as shown in the picture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.