Apricot and Custard Ice-cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 360 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36190 times
Flavoured with vanilla custard powder rather than vanilla essence, this ice-cream has a richer flavour and a smoother mouth-feel as well, thanks to the extra thickening provided by custard powder.
As always, proper proportions of milk and cream work their magic is providing this ice-cream an irresistible creaminess. An abundance of deseeded apricots impart nice tangy breaks in every mouthful of this delicious Apricot and Custard Ice-Cream.
- Combine the apricots and 1 cup of hot water in a deep bowl and keep aside to soak for 1½ hours.
- Do not strain. Deseed the apricots and boil with the same water in a deep pan for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the custard powder and ½ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of cold milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the custard-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Add the cooked apricots and fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.