Apricot and Custard Ice-cream ( Calcium Rich Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15053 times
A calcium rich elegant finale to any meal. . . . . Which is enjoyed by people of all ages.
- Deseed the apricots and bring them to a boil. Cool completely, drain and keep aside.
- Dissolve the custard powder in ½ cup of cold milk and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, combine the milk and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Add the custard powder mixture and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes till the custard is
- Thick. Strain the mixture if it appears lumpy.
- Cool completely, add the cream and apricots and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze till it is almost set.
- Divide it into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till the ice-crystals break down.
- Transfer into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till firm.
- If you do not have vanilla flavoured custard powder handy.
- Substitute it with 1 tbsp of cornflour, ½ tsp of vanilla essence and a few drops of yellow food colour.
Nutrient values per serving
| 206.3 mg.|| 281 gm.|| 242 cal.|| 10.5 gm.|| 4.2 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.