Apricot and Custard Ice-Cream
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 358 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32641 times
This rich, creamy and sinful ice-cream uses a strong tasting fruit like dried apricot to compliment the fragrant flavour of vanilla custard. Serve it as a sundae as shown in the picture, layered with fresh cream and apricot pulp.
- Deseed the apricots and bring them to a boil. Cool completely, drain and keep aside.
- Dissolve the custard powder in ½ cup cold milk and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, combine the milk and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Add the custard powder mixture and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes till the custard is thick. Strain the mixture if it appears lumpy.
- Cool completely, add the cream and apricots and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow container and cover and freeze till it is almost set.
- Divide it into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till the ice-crystals break down.
- Transfer into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till firm.
- If you do not have vanilla flavoured custard powder handy.
- Substitute it with 1 tablespoon of cornflour, ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence and a few drops of yellow food colour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.