Apricot Stew with Vanilla Custard
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22077 times
Warm smooth apricots, topped with low fat chilled custard and garnished with almonds this mouth-watering dessert is one of the best sweets that a person with hyped cholesterol level can enjoy. Apricots are rich in sweetness, so restrict the addition of sugar to just 3 teaspoons for a twin serving.
- Soak the apricots in 1 cup of hot water for approx. 3 to 4 hours.
- Deseed and add all the other ingredients and allow the water to come to a boil.
- Simmer over medium flame for 5 minutes, till the apricots are soft and syrupy.
- Mix the custard powder in ¼ cup milk and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar, add the custard powder mixture and cook over a slow flame till the custard coats the back of a spoon.
- Cool and keep aside.
- Place half the stewed apricots in a serving bowl and pour half the chilled custard over the apricots.
- Repeat to make another serving.
- Serve garnished with the walnuts.
Nutrient values per serving
| 81 gm|| 141 kcal|| 2.4 gm|| 29.6 gm|| 1.5 gm|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.