by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27149 times
A dry fruit based dessert, ready in minutes, the Apricot Mousse has a pleasant colour, taunting aroma, soothing taste and rich texture, all of which make it a star on the dinner table! The mellow flavour of apricot is well-balanced by the giddy sweetness of condensed milk, which in turn is sobered by the nutty texture and slight saltiness of crushed digestive biscuits. Altogether, these ingredients result in an aesthetically indulgent mouth-feel that will please one and all.
- Combine the apricot purée and condensed milk in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and digestive biscuits and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mousse into 2 individual bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with swirls of beaten whipped cream.
- To make ¾ cup of apricot purée, soak 1 cup of apricots in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain, remove and discard the seeds and grind them to a smooth purée in a mixer, using 2 tbsp of water.
- Biscuits used in this recipe are best crushed using a rolling pin than a mixer. To do this, place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush them finely or coarsely (as per the recipe requirement) using a rolling pin.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.