Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10602 times
The truly American oatmeal flapjack topped with apricot jam, cinnamon and sliced apples.
- Beat the butter and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Press the mixture evenly into a greased shallow 175 mm. (7") square tin.
- Melt the jam on a low flame. Spread about half the jam over the oat base in the pan.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Arrange the apple slices on the top of the crust in three separate rows lenghtwise, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Add the butter and cinnamon to the remaining jam glaze and heat until the butter has melted. Brush this glaze over the apple slices.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the flapjack base is golden brown.
- Cut into pieces and let cool in the pan.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.