Apple and Saffron Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17207 times
Apple and saffron sauce is a dessert sauce made with apples and is given an indian touch by use of saffron. It can be served with sandesh or many different indian desserts either hot or cold.
- Warm the saffron and rub with a little water until it dissolves.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, 3/4 teacup of water and the apples and cook until soft.
- Remove the apples and boil the liquid until thick.
- Spread the sauce over the apples.
- Serve hot or cold.
- In the above recipe, use grated apples instead of sliced apples and spread the apples on a serving tray.
- Top with 3 sandesh.
- Decorate with saffron dots and serve.
- Health Information :
- Saffron gives a traditional flavour to this sauce which goes well with Indian meals.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Protein|| 0.2 g|
|Cho|| 26 g|
|Fat|| 0.4 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.