Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109106 times
This is a slightly more "gourmet" soup. Rich in energy and vitamin a, this soup is a "solid" meal which will make baby feel satisfied. You will notice that she won't be hungry very quickly after she has "dined" on this one. As your baby approaches the 6th month, you can start adding ingredients like onions that have a strong flavour to improve the taste. You can add a dash of salt and pepper to this soup after your baby is 6 months old.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, potato and apple and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain using a strainer.
- Pour the purée into a non-stick pan. Add the salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values for 1 1/4 cups
| 72 calories|| 0.6 gm|| 11.3 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 254.6 mcg|| 17.4 mg|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.