Apple Walnut Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19363 times
This novel creation features deep-fried rolls of samosa patties, filled with apples, nuts and cake crumbs. These delectably crisp rolls have a spongy, fruity interior that is sure to steal your heart. The taste of apples, cooked while deep-frying, reminds one of the ever famous apple pie. The good news is that the effort and time involved in making these Apple Walnut Rolls is disproportionately lower than its fantastic aroma and taste!
- Combine the plain flour with 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 equal pieces so as to make 9 pieces.
- Place a piece of the samosa patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little plain flour-water paste to form a cylindrical shape.
- Repeat for the remaining pattis and filling to makes more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep- fry a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.