Apple Pie A La Mode
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15576 times
Cinnamon flavoured apple pie with ice-cream is a traditional favourite.
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Gradually add enough ice-cold water (approx. 2 to 3 tablespoons) to make a dough. Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll out the pastry.
- Cut rounds of pastry using a large fluted cutter (unless using fluted patty tins).
- Press into patty tins (which need not be greased unless new).
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake blind in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the apples into slices.
- Mix 3/4 teacup of water with the sugar and lemon juice. Add the apple slices and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle the cornflour and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Finally, sprinkle the cinnamon powder.
- Fill the warm filling into the pastry cases. If you like, sprinkle brown sugar or brush with orange marmalade on top and bake in a hot oven for 1 minute.
- Decorate with cherries.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.