Apple Magic, Lemony Apple Juice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47637 times
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, says the proverb and it's almost true. A dash of lime cuts through the sweetness perfectly and zips up the flavour of this Lemony Apple Juice.
Apples are a storehouse of fibre which helps to keep your digestive tract healthy. Apples contain an enzyme called 'polyphenolase', which when comes in contact with oxygen produces coloured phenolic compounds that impart undesirable brown colour to the pieces. To prevent this, cut the apples just before juicing or simply squeeze lemon juice over the pieces.
When you get together with friends for a chit-chat time, serve the Lemony Apple Juice with a cheese cubes platter, Marinated Black Olives , Nacho Chips and Tomato Salsa , these are perfect for nibbling on without interrupting your chatter.
- Add the apple cubes a few at a time in the hopper.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add some crushed ice in 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice over it.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe doesn’t turn out good in a juicer because the texture of ingredients like apple is very hard.
- This recipe makes use of unpeeled fruits and vegetables, hence take care to clean and wash them well before chopping, to get rid of dirt, germs and chemical residues.
Nutrient values per glass
|Energy|| 106 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 23.9 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.9 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.8 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 4.7 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.