by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 197 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 124887 times
The mushy sweetness of cooked apples and the crunchy nuttiness of walnuts are a made-for-each-other match. Here, this admirable duo comes to you in the form of a tasty Apple Halwa prepared with sautéed apples, mawa and milk cooked with sugar and walnuts. While this gives the perfect flavour and texture, a dash of vanilla imparts an aroma that kids cannot resist. You could prepare this as an after-school tiffin for your kids, or as an anytime treat for your whole family, but make sure you serve it within an hour or preparation after which the flavours tend to wane.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the apples and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and walnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Re-heat and serve within an hour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.